Taylor Swift - All Too Well: The Short Film

Jio
By -
0

 

Taylor Swift - All Too Well: The Short Film


    [woman] are you for real? - what do you mean? - I don't know, I just feel like maybe I made you up   I walked through the door with you  the air was cold  but somethin' bout it felt like home somehow  and I left my scarf there at your sister's house  and you've still got it in your drawer even now ♪ [leaves rustling] 


     oh your sweet disposition and my wide eyed gaze  we're singing in the car getting lost upstate  autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place  and I can picture it after all these days  and I know it's long gone and that magic's not here no more  and I might be ok but I'm not fine at all  cause there we are again on that  little town street  you almost ran the red  cause you were looking over at me  wind in my hair, I was there  I remember it all too well 



    Youtube video Taylor Swift - All Too Well: The Short Film






     photo album on the counter your cheeks were turning red you used to be a little kid with glasses in a twin-sized bed and your mother's telling stories 'bout you on the tee ball team you taught me 'bout your past thinkin' your future was me and you were tossing me the car keys  'fuck the patriarchy' keychain on the ground we were always skipping town and I was thinking on the drive down any time now, he's gonna say it's love you never called it what it was til we were dead and gone and buried check the pulse and come back swearing it's the same, after three months in the grave and then you wondered where it went to as I reached for you but all I felt was shame and you held my lifeless frame ♪ [water running in the sink] [dishes clink] - [man] why are you so pissed off? - I'm not pissed off, who said I was pissed off? - cause you're acting pissed off [water running in the sink] - 


    [man] it's ridiculous [water running in the sink] - [man] these are my friends and they were super fucking nice to you, too - well I liked your friends, I never said I didn't like your friends - why were you being - I didn't like the way you acted around them - you were being weird and quiet the entire time! - I was not being weird -


     yes, you were! - because you wouldn't look at me! - oh, come on - you could ask me one thing the entire night - such bullshit. That's such bullshit - you dropped my fucking hand! What am I supposed to do with that? - I didn't even fucking notice what are you talking about I 'dropped your hand'? - I don't know any of these people, they're all strangers they're all older than me - but like, what are you talking about? - I feel so out of place, you're the only one that makes people comfortable - you're making this about you - they won't even look at me - 


    I'm catching up with friends, you're literally saying I dropped your hand like what I don't even remember the moment that you're talking about how can you be, like attacking me about something that I don't even like fucking know I was doing it subconsciously, I was catching up with people - don't, you're making me feel fucking stupid - holy shit I don't think I'm making you feel that way I think you're making yourself feel that way literally a moment that I don't even fuckin' remember that you're like fuckin' like holding me hostage over. 


    It's insane it's fucking crazy these are people I haven't seen in like ten years and you just sit there the entire fucking time it was fun. I actually had fuckin' blast now, now this is the night. Now we're doing this awesome, so fuckin' awesome - you just treated me differently - what do you mean I treated you differently? - you didn't even look at me once! - what are you talking about I 'didn't even look at you? - listen to me! - I'm catching up with my friends! - no no no, no trust me they were enthralled by you, of course, - I'm so, you're literally making the entire night about you - no, you're the perfect person. You didn't even look at me! - holy shit.


     Holy shit. I can't. I can't it's so, it's fucking selfish. It's literally like it's so crazy, you're making it about you - oh, so I'm selfish now - yes! - I'm selfish now - you're making it about your, you're acting self... I'm saying you're acting selfish, absolutely right now that's exactly what's happening don't fucking look at me like that, that's so fucked up hey, hey. Hey, hey, hey come on, come on, come on I don't want to fight. I don't want to fight [woman sniffles] - come on I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm sorry. I'm sorry [woman laughs] I'm sorry I dropped your hand



     [man kisses her head] - come on. Come on. Come on - now, I'm embarrassed. - come on. Come on. Come on. Come on. Come on. Come on come on. Come on - [kisses] I'm sorry ♪ and I know it's long gone and  there was nothing else I could do  and I forget about you long enough  to forget why I needed to  cause there we are again in the middle of the night  we're dancin' round the kitchen in the refrigerator light  down the stairs, I was there  I remember it all too well  and there we are again  when nobody had to know  you kept me as a secret  but I kept you like an oath  sacred prayer and we'd swear  to remember it all too 

     well maybe we got lost in translation  maybe I asked for too much  but maybe this thing was a masterpiece until you tore it all up  running scared, I was there  I remember it all too well  and you call me up again  just to break me like a promise  so casually cruel in the name of being honest  I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here 


     cause I remember it all, all, all they say all's well that ends well but I'm in a new hell every time you double-cross my mind you said if we had been closer in age maybe it would have been fine and that made me want to die the idea you had of me who was she?  A never-needy, ever-lovely jewel  whose shine reflects on you  not weeping in a party bathroom  some actress asking me what happened  you  that's what happened: you, who charmed my dad with self-effacing jokes  sipping coffee like you were on a late-night show  but then he watched me watch the front door all night, willing you to come  and he said, 


    "It's supposed to be fun turning 21" ♪ [friends clapping]  time won't fly  it's like I'm paralyzed by it  I'd like to be my old self again  but I'm still trying to find it  after plaid shirt days  and nights when you made me your own  now you mail back my things  and I walk home alone  but you keep my old scarf  from that very first week  cause it reminds you of innocence, and it smells like me  you can't get rid of it  cause you remember it all too well  cause there we are again when I loved you so  back before you lost the one real thing  


    you've ever known  it was rare, I was there  I remember it all too well  wind in my hair, you were there  you remember it all  down the stairs, you were there  you remember it all  it was rare, I was there  I remember it all too well  and I was never good at telling jokes  but the punchline goes:  "I'll get older, but your lovers stay my age"  from when your Brooklyn broke my skin and bones  


    I'm a soldier who's returning half her weight and did the twin flame bruise paint you blue?  Just between us, did the love affair maim you too?  Cause in this city's barren cold  


    I still remember the first fall of snow  and how it glistened as it fell  I remember it all too well  just between us did the love affair maim you  all too well  just between us, do you remember it  all too well  just between us, I remember it all too well  wind in my hair I was there, I was there  down the stairs, I was there, I was there  sacred prayer 


    I was there, I was there  it was rare, you remember it  all too well  wind in my hair I was there, I was there  down the stairs, I was there, I was there a sacred prayer I was there, I was there  it was rare, you remember it  all too well  wind in my hair I was there, I was there  down the stairs, I was there, I was there a sacred prayer I was there, I was there  it was rare, you remember it ♪ [wind blowing] [music fades out] [wind blowing] [typewriter typing] [bell dings] 

    Tags:

    Post a Comment

    0Comments

    Post a Comment (0)